Project Street Legal Stocker

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Season End Update

Today marks the official end of my drag racing season this year. The season end is always bittersweet - it is great to get a break from racing (ie. save instead of spend money) and start planning for next season. However, there is some sadness knowing you won't see some familiar race faces for another 8 or 9 months until the track opens again. Although I'll write a few articles over the winter here is a quick "hits" and "misses" list for racing this past summer.


Hits: Personal best ET/mph of 13.79 @ 97.7mph, discovering my car is a legal "Pure Stock" IHRA car running 4 to 5 tenths under the index, starting to figure out how the wind affects my car, and limping my transmission through another season.

Misses: Making the same mistake 4 times this season by dialling too soft, listening to bad advice, losing focus at the lights, and not racing enough!